The 3rd Annual Salem Elementary Read-a-thon will be starting soon! The Read-a-thon is a 2 week event that promotes a love of reading amongst the students. This year’s theme is “Wild West: Saddle Up & Read.” Check out our Informational Flyer.
We have a lot of great activities planned, including:
- Read for Minutes: A school-wide competition to see which classrooms can read the most minutes over a 2 week period. Students can also be sponsored by friends and family to read more via our Read-a-thon.com fundraiser.
- Tracks 2 & 3: October 9th – 20th
- Tracks 1 & 4: October 23rd – November 3rd
- Book Fair: Come out and refresh your home library by shopping at our Scholastic Book Fair. The Book Fair will be held in the Media Center from October 16th – 27th.
- Family Night: Join us on October 25th from 6-7:30pm for a fun evening of reading activities for the WHOLE family, including Bedtime Stories read by your favorite teachers (dressed as book characters!), a Make Your Own Bookmark Craft table, Parent Info Sessions, and MUCH MORE!
- Character Parade:Students will dress as their favorite book characters and march in a parade through the school. Parents are welcome to attend! (Tracks 2 & 3 on October 13th & Tracks 1 & 4 on Oct. 25th; 9:30am)
- Used Book Drive: Donate your gently used children’s books to help fellow Salem families build their home libraries. Drop off in the Main Lobby between October 16th – 27th.
Other fun and exciting activities are planned – keep an eye out for more information to be sent home with your student. Yee Haw! Let’s get ready to read!